Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Place all the pizza slices in a row. With the child, count the number of pieces. Repeat until the child is able to count them independently.
- Ask the child to sort the toppings into groups by type. Have the child identify each type of food and count how many there are in each group. Count how many toppings there are all together.
- Play a matching game by filling a slice of pizza with three toppings and asking the child to match your slice.
- Put all six slices of pizza on the pizza pan to introduce the word “whole.” Demonstrate “half” by slicing through the middle of the pizza. Put the pizza together again, then demonstrate “thirds” by slicing the pizza into three equal sections.
- Ask the child to make you a slice of pizza to order. Specify which toppings you’d like, and ask the child to cut one or more pieces for you to “eat.”
|Scholastic Parent & Child: Toys Children Love Summer 2004|
Dimensions: 1.8″ x 9″ x 13.3″ Packaged