• Made in Italy—by a family business manufacturing rubber baby products for 3 generations (see video).
•Allergen-free. (The protein that on rare occasions can provoke a latex allergy is completely eliminated during production.)
• Larger shield touches the nose, comforting baby and more closely simulating breastfeeding.
• Softer than silicone—unlike conventional pacifiers, won’t leave marks on baby’s face.
• Just like toothbrushes, pacifiers should be replaced every 6 to 8 weeks.
• Conforms to pacifier-safety requirements as determined by European standard EN 1400 and CPSIA. – See more at: http://www.zoeborganic.com/natursutten-pacifier/natursutten-rounded-new-packaging.html#sthash.kQXlfUmE.dpuf
Clean after each use with warm water and mild liquid soap. Never wash pacifiers in dishwasher.
What’s up with the rubbery smell?
Before sterilizing, Natursutten has a distinct “rubber” smell. While it will mostly disappear with sterilizing, your pacifier may continue to have a distinctive, natural rubber scent. Studies show that this actually allows your baby to distinguish the smell of his/her pacifier and be comforted by it.
Why is the shield so big? Should it be touching my baby’s nose?
Yes, Natursutten’s shield is noticeably larger. It’s designed to touch your baby’s nose in order to more closely simulate breastfeeding. And yes, your child will look like Maggie Simpson while sucking on it.
Why has my baby’s Natursutten turned dark brown? Is this okay?
Natursutten will turn darker brown over time, due to the fact that no chemicals are added to prevent oxidation, as with other pacifiers. This is perfectly natural and to be expected.
Does it really need to be replaced every 6 – 8 weeks?
In order to meet European safety standards (EN-1400), Natursutten are required to recommend replacing the pacifier every 6 – 8 weeks on the packaging. However, moms have told us that Natursutten often lasts longer. Like your toothbrush, it all depends on frequency of usage—not time. Replace your Natursutten if the nipple sticks together when pressed or the pacifier starts to feel sticky overall.
Why pay more for natural rubber than silicone?
Natural rubber is softer and “squishier”, and therefore more like the real thing. Silicone is—how shall we put it?—harder.
Wow, it bounces, doesn’t it?
Because it’s natural rubber, Natursutten is bouncy when dropped. We recommend a pacifier clip.
My baby is using the pacifier as a teether. Is this okay?
Natursutten is the only pacifier with a thick, rubber shield that doubles as a great teether. So let your baby teethe away. – See more at: http://www.zoeborganic.com/natursutten-pacifier/natursutten-rounded-new-packaging.html#sthash.kQXlfUmE.dpuf